For creating professional promos for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or anywhere else where you post brand videos, the best video editing software for Windows can help you display your items from every perspective. There are a variety of simple, free video editing applications available that may help you stand out from the crowd.
Product videos are a far more engaging type of content marketing than photos alone, and they may help customers make a buying decision. Ecommerce product videos, according to the online journal Small Business Trends, may improve conversion rates by up to 144 percent.
We've gathered a selection of the finest free video editing tools, as well as a couple with inexpensive premium versions, from around the web. As each entrepreneur has unique requirements, we've outlined some of the most useful characteristics of each product.
Best free video editing software for Windows 10
For organizations seeking to make promotional films, there is a variety of video editing software for Windows 10 available. The main benefit of free video editing software for desktop is that it usually has more functionality than most video editing apps on mobile.
Check out our selection of free video editing tools that you can use for editing long-form material for YouTube, your website, or a number of other platforms if you're on a tight budget.
Lightworks is an excellent free video editing program me that runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
One of the most capable video editors on the list is Lightworks. It's jam-packed with essential features. Most people should be able to get by with the free version.
Lightworks has a basic and straightforward UI that makes it simple to learn. Lightworks also includes a library of in-depth video lessons, making it one of the more approachable and simple-to-learn Windows video editing software on the market.
- Simple and high-quality trimming features for quick and accurate video editing.
- Allowing you to continue editing while importing fresh content thanks to speed optimization.
- For synchronising footage from several cameras, multicam editing is used.
- Real-time project collaboration with complete control over who has editing access.
- Videos may be easily shared by exporting them to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Instagram.
- A wide variety of video formats are supported.
- With numerous sophisticated capabilities, this is a very capable video editor.
- Only the premium version supports 4K video. Lightworks may be too complex for some people.
Blender, one of the best free video editing software for Windows 10, is basically a 3D creation suite.
Blender is completely free to use open source software. The programme was created as a 3D animation suite, but it also has a fantastic video editor. The video editor in Blender should provide for the majority of your video needs.
Blender is primarily a 3D animation programme, but it also includes a competent video editor that should suffice for most users' needs. Blender is a versatile video editor for both novice and expert users, and a great alternative for more sophisticated projects that may incorporate 3D animation. It can also handle more complicated edits, such as video masking.
- A path-tracer engine is used to depict dynamic objects in a realistic manner.
- Advanced rendering techniques to let you save and export your project faster.
- Option to programme game logic into video game creation tools.
- For realistic kinematics, use advanced character animation tools.
- Visual effects and vignettes from a large library.
- Ideal for expert users who aren't intimidated by the number of options.
- The sheer number of features adds to the steepness of the learning curve.
- The majority of the tutorials are geared toward 3D animation and modelling.
- The number of resources available to assist you with the video editor is quite restricted.
The most sophisticated video editor for Windows on the list is DaVinci Resolve. It offers a lot of professional video tools, yet the interfaces are still simple. You can master audio and colour correction in addition to video slicing and cutting. You may also add 2D and 3D titles to your movie using the programme.
DaVinci supports both online and offline editing. Further, its high-performance playback engine speeds up editing and cutting, especially for processor-intensive file types like H.264 and RAW. The sophisticated capabilities of DaVinci Resolve may be too much for some people, but the free version is ideal for more advanced tasks.
- Quick navigating, cutting, and trimming thanks to a dual timeline.
- A specialised trimming interface that allows you to edit in great detail.
- Smart auto-editing that automatically syncs audio and video segments.
- Picture-in-picture effects, retiming, stabilisation, dynamic zoom, text, and audio are all built-in.
- Face recognition recognises faces in your footage and produces bins based on the individuals in each frame automatically.
- To simply and convincingly speed up or slow down video, use high-quality motion estimation speed adjustments and frame rate conversions.
- Color correction is excellent and the interfaces are intuitive.
- Its extensive feature set might be intimidating.
- Not all tutorials are available for free.
Shotcut is a cross-platform, open-source video editor with a large library of tutorial videos. It also supports a variety of formats, including 4K, ProRes, FFmpeg and DNxHD, among others.
Shotcut also has a lot of audio editing capabilities, so it's great for audiophiles. Users may change bass and treble, construct bandpass filters, modify gain, apply dynamic compression, and more with its array of audio fine-tuning features.
While the functionality and training videos in this video editing software for Windows 10 are excellent, some users may find the UI to be a little odd. That's because Shotcut was built from the ground up for Linux, and it shows. But it's still a good video editor below the hood.
- FFmpeg, the premier multimedia framework, provides support for the most recent audio and video codecs.
- Users may import video files into their project file directly without using a media library, thanks to native timeline editing.
- Within a project, use a multi-format timeline to mix and match resolutions and frame rates.
- Bass, balance and treble, as well as bandpass filters, compressors, and other advanced audio filters are available.
- 4K resolution support and native timeline editing
- For some people, the odd UI may be off-putting.
OpenShot is a fantastic video editing tool for novices because of its simple user interface. While more complicated programmes may have more editing features, OpenShot's user-friendly interface and minimalist design are ideal for basic editing.
With its simple drag-and-drop interface, it may remind some Mac users of iMovie. Openshot, on the other hand, has more functionality than iMovie, such as limitless layers and audio mixing.
This free editor achieves a good combination of complex functionality and a straightforward user interface. When creating transitions between clips, it also enables for real-time previews.
- Watermarks, backdrop movies, and audio files may all have unlimited layers.
- Templates for title cards that may be customised.
- Easily add video, music, or picture files using drag-and-drop capability.
- For green-screen effects, digital video effects such as brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, and chroma key compositing are used.
- For generating animated videos, powerful key-frame animation capabilities are available.
- Layers are unrestricted due to the fact that they are open source.
- There aren't many video tutorials available.
For PC users, HitFilm Express is one of the best video editing software for Windows 10. It has everything you'd expect from a basic editor (splicing, cutting, and audio editing), as well as a lot more. While HitFilm Express may be a tad sophisticated for some users, it is unquestionably one of the greatest all-around free video editors available. Over 180 special effects are included in the free bundle.
HitFilm has animation features that allow you to create and edit audio and video transitions without having to construct composite shots, which saves you a lot of time while editing.
The lectures are primarily based on popular Hollywood films such as Star Wars, but they are extremely interactive and entertaining.
- With motion tracking, colour pickers, and cropping tools, you can edit videos like a pro.
- Enhancements to composite photos that allow you to animate two independent shots into one for strange video effects.
- An auto-stabilizer that smooths out unsteady video.
- Create an unlimited number of video and audio timeline tracks.
- After you've added your clips to the timeline, you may use an adaptive trimmer to re-trim them.
- Ability to replicate a set of qualities from one clip and use them on another or a project as a whole.
- For professional-quality output, use an audio mixer to fine-tune the sound.
- Push, zoom, and dissolve are some of the transition choices.
- Without the price tag, this is a true professional video editor.
- It can take some time to become used to the interface.
VSDC is a free 360 video editing programme that is exclusively available for Windows. Color correction and audio editing are among the functions available in this free video editing software for Windows 10. Color mixing allows you to customise the look of the video to match your brand. Filters similar to those seen on Instagram are also available to assist beginners save time when editing. You may also use VSDC to build various shaped masks to blur, hide, or highlight certain areas in your film.
Both a free and a premium version of VSDC's desktop video editing software is available. VSDC's entire video editing suite is still included in the free edition, which includes a mask tool and chroma key capabilities for green-screen video effects.
- For a more professional appearance, use color-correction software.
- A comprehensive set of transitional effects.
- Image filters that are comparable to those seen on Instagram.
- Masking tools can be used to hide, blur, or emphasise certain components.
- Share videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo with this social media link.
- HEVC/H.265 which is an video compression standard, is required for processing 4K and HD files since it maintains the greatest quality at the smallest file size.
- It's quite simple to learn and has a lot of useful features.
- Technical assistance is not provided for free.
- Only for Windows users.
VideoPad is one of the greatest video editing programmes for getting started with multimedia video editing. It's ideal for anyone just getting started with video compositions because it's basic and straightforward to use. Advanced video editors, on the other hand, may find it too simple.
VideoPad is a fantastic free alternative for anybody looking to make professional-looking films without paying any money. You may experiment with different video compositions and styles with VideoPad's basic and easy-to-use tools, such as 3D video editing and a sound effects library.
- Easy and intuitive editing with two built-in screens (one for previewing chosen clips, the other for seeing the entire sequence).
- Transitions that are pre-made and customised for polished professionalism.
- Exporting presets allows you to quickly produce video files that are suited for certain platforms, such as Facebook and YouTube, and then publish them directly from the app.
- To distribute films online immediately, use social media sharing and publishing tools.
- To modify videos, there is a vast collection of video transitions and graphic effects.
- Stabilization and other video enhancement techniques.
- Features that allow you to immediately export to YouTube and other social media sites.
- For sophisticated users, it's too basic.
Marketers, publishers, people, and agencies will all benefit from this online video editing software. This desktop-compatible programme is best in class for several reasons, including support for intelligent frames, automated voice overs, and much more. This video editor for Windows is praised by users for its excellent customer service, user interface, value for money, and capabilities.
- There are Audio Tools available.
- You have the option of using a Brand/Text Overlay.
- There is a collaboration option accessible.
- It's possible to change the speed.
- Your videos can be split or merged.
- HD Resolution is supported.
- Stabilization of video is possible.
- It's fantastic for making short presentation films.
- It isn't a 360 video editor that does everything.
- You can't upload more than a single audio file.
On a Windows PC, Machete Lite is the best free video editor for handling short editing chores. You can't modify audio with the free version, but you may remove audio tracks. In addition, the free version can only play AVI and WMV files.
- Video file fragments may be copied, sliced, pasted, and deleted.
- Combine two videos that are of the same format.
- For all supported media types, edit metadata (file tags).
- Extract the video stream into a separate file.
- It's really easy to pick up and use.
- Only for Windows users.
- Unlike other applications, it does not support as many file formats.
- There will be no audio editing.
EaseUS Video Editor for Windows 10 is a simple and effective video editing application that is suitable for both beginners and experts.
It has capabilities that allow you to create attractive videos to publish on social media platforms. You may cut MP3s, add effects, and even use pre-made themes to make your movies seem better.
The EaseUS video editor may also be used as a special effects editor, allowing you to apply transitions, overlays, and filters to your footage fast for creative purposes.
You should have no trouble importing and exporting files because the free video editing programme supports most audio, video, and picture formats.
- Access to various file formats, including MP3 and MP4
- Conversion files in the wrong format
- Excellent range of trimming, merging, rotating, mixing, and splitting features
- Plenty of special effects, filters, and overlays
- Templates to assist you in building your own videos from scratch.
- Ideal for creating special effects to your films with little or no prior experience.
- It lacks certain sophisticated capabilities compared to other free video editors.
Avidemux is one of the best free video editing software for Windows 10 to create engaging video content because of its easy UI. This is a fantastic place to start if you're entirely new to video editing.
- There is a simple cutting option available.
- It is possible to encode.
- Filtering is a viable option.
- There is no need to read technical documentation with this programme.
- There aren't as many options as with other video editors.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Animation Software for Windows 10
How to Choose the Best Free Video Editing Software?
Now that you've learned about your options for selecting the finest free video editing software, it's time to put them to the test. While each choice has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, you should now have a better sense of which free video editing application is ideal for your company.
Videos regularly receive greater interaction than images or text postings across all social media platforms. A professionally produced marketing video may help you tell a story about your goods, overcome the YouTube algorithm, catch your audience's interest, establish your brand's personality, and enhance your paid social ad ROI.
Raise the bar on your content marketing. There's no limit to the creative possibilities of your brand's marketing video material with so many free video editing software alternatives to pick from.
FAQs about Free Video Editing Software for Windows
What is video editing software?
Video editing software is a set of tools that assist organisations in successfully editing, modifying, generating, or manipulating video and movie files. You may enhance the video by cutting and rearranging it, removing portions, and adding effects. A skilled video editor can help any company, regardless of size, generate effective video content.
Which is the best video editing software for Windows?
For the purpose of editing videos on Windows 10/8/7, you could either use a paid or free tool. If you are willing to pay for the software you should try out Adobe Premiere Pro. However, if you have budgetary constraints you can go for Blender. It offers you premium level services for free.
How to download video editing software for windows?
You can download any video editing software for your Windows OS by visiting the official website of the software. Click on the download link and complete the installation process. In this way you will be able to download and use any editing software on your computer.