Smartphones can now shoot DSLR-quality videos. In fact some camera applications can also do that. It goes without saying that consumers are looking for the finest free video editing software to improve their videos.
While there is a variety of free video editing software available for PC, some of them are difficult to use, and you will need a PC to begin with. Video editor apps on Android, on the other hand, are easy to use and come with a variety of useful tools.
We've prepared a list of the best video editing apps for Android in 2023, all of which are available for free on Google Play. You may edit videos to perfection and share them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube with these tools.
ALSO READ: Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows 10
Best Android Video Editors in 2023
Below are our top picks for the best free video editing app for android:
1. Doodle Maker App
With only a few clicks, you can create stunning doodle animations, whiteboard films, and explainer videos using the wonderful video production tool known as DoodleMaker. Without any prior expertise or technical knowledge, you can simply make professional-looking films with its simple drag-and-drop interface.
DoodleMaker is a fantastic tool for creating videos that offer a variety of features and capabilities to assist you in creating videos of the highest caliber that attract your viewers. DoodleMaker is a crucial tool for anybody trying to make engaging video content, regardless of whether you're an experienced marketer or just getting started.
- Drag-and-drop interface for easy video creation
- Over 300 pre-made templates to choose from
- Doodle graphics, symbols, and characters that can be customized
- strong text-to-speech engine with support for over 60 languages
- advanced editing tools, such as voiceovers, sound effects, and music
- Timing and pace of animations that can be changed
- Built-in video hosting and sharing capabilities
- No prior experience or technical skills required
2. ADOBE PREMIERE RUSH
Adobe Premiere Rush is an excellent free video editing app for Android that allows you to swiftly edit any video right from your phone. It's simple to use and enjoyable to use.
The free video editing programme is described by Adobe as "built exclusively for online video artists." This implies that the software is already aware of the exact video changes you'll need for social media networks. The movie may, of course, be shared on a variety of social networking sites using the app.
Apply video effects, modify colour, create zoom and pan effects, add custom animated titles, and more, in addition to the normal video editing functions. The software includes a built-in camera for capturing high-quality videos.
Audio capabilities for sound balance and auto-duking are also included in the Android app. The nicest aspect is that you can have many video tracks to make your job go more smoothly. It can be downloaded or free and does not contain any advertisements.
- For Android users, it is an all-in-one video editor app.
- A thumbnail can be added, and posts for TikTok, YouTube, and other platforms can be scheduled.
FilmoraGo is a popular Android video editor app with a large user base. Cutting, trimming , adding themes, music, and other basic functions are quite simple to perform. To enhance your video, you may build 1:1 square movies for Instagram, 16:9 videos for Youtube, reverse videos, add transitions, slow motion, text, and more.
FilmoraGo includes some in-app purchases, but most of its amazing features are free. You can save the films to your gallery or share them immediately on social media. A watermark appears at the conclusion of videos edited with the free version.
- Real-time previewing of clips is possible.
- Photos and videos from social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and others can be imported.
- A large number of templates and effects are available.
- A collection of professional editing software.
VideoShow has won multiple honours and is unquestionably one of the best video editing apps for Android that can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. VideoShow is dependable and simple to use, thanks to its user-friendly layout. You can also add text, effects, music, and sound effects to your video, as well as perform live dubbing, in addition to the basic tasks.
There are more than 50 different themes to choose from, and you may compress your video to make it smaller. The videos retain their quality and there are no time constraints on how long they can be watched. Almost all Android smartphones are supported with the FilmoraGo alternative app.
- There are 50 intricate themes to choose from to enhance your movies, vlogs, and slideshows.
- Features such as a blurred background, the ability to modify audio speed, and voice augmentation
- A video can have multiple layers of background music.
- Your video's soundtrack can be converted to mp3.
If you're looking for a video editor for Android that doesn't leave a watermark, InShot is one of the best options. It has an easy-to-use interface, and the adverts don't get in the way of your job. If you wish to remove the watermark from your video, you'll have to view an advertisement.
It offers all of the typical video editing features, such as trim, crop, split, and the ability to apply video effects, among others. Aside from that, you can choose to freeze a portion of the video.
You can receive 4K outputs and select from a variety of frame rates.
If you're a TikTok user or want to post videos to Instagram, InShot is an excellent video editing app to use.
- Uploads in 4K and a variety of frame rates are available.
- Music effects created in-house
- Aspect ratio possibilities based on the platform
KineMaster is one of the best free video editing app for android, thanks to its well-designed UI and strong capabilities. It allows you to simply import different media files using the drag-and-drop method. KineMaster gives you incredible flexibility over the editing process, allowing you to swiftly create great videos. You can use various transitions or insert blocks of text or subtitles between video parts.
The elimination of the watermark and full access to premium assets, on the other hand, are only available if you purchase the app's professional edition. Aside from that, the free version has most of the features.
- Videos, photos, text, effects, and handwriting can all be merged in several layers.
- To see the editing in real time, use the instant preview option.
- Within a clip, you can precisely control volume in each moment.
PowerDirector is a feature full Android video editor with a simple timeline layout, but getting used to the controls may take some time. However, after you've mastered this programme, you'll be able to generate professional-looking and rich videos in seconds. You can choose from over 30 distinct effects and transition effects to use in your video.
You can make amazing green screen videos with this greatest free video editing app. For all of PowerDirector's functions, there are also tutorial videos. The free version has most of the functions, but purchasing the full version removes watermarks, advertisements, and even allows you to download films in 1080 and 4K formats. It's compatible with Android 4.3 and higher.
- With the right gear, videos can be exported in 4K.
- Create slow-mo video effects with this slow-mo video editor.
- Select a chroma key to add transparency to videos and overlay effects.
The video editing features of VivaVideo are quite impressive. The software is deliberately developed to assist you in producing professional-looking videos right from your Android device.
Hundreds of user-friendly effects, ranging from stickers and filters to animated movies and subtitles, are available. Cutting and copying videos, cropping, merging clips, and other basic capabilities are simple to use.
VivaVideo is one of the top video editing apps for Android, with over one million users worldwide. You can also share your work directly on various social networking sites.
- Slow motion video editor is built-in.
- You can choose from a large range of collage templates and themes.
- For combining video clips, use the video collage creator.
Another useful app for editing videos on Android is Quik. It's simple and free. Quik allows you to use any photo or video clip to create your own storey. Quik's best feature is that it can automatically create videos. You can crop movies, apply effects, add text, and sync everything to the beat of any music instantly.
After you've finished making the video, you can save it to your camera roll in 1080p or 720p resolution, or post it immediately on social media sites. Quik is dependable and does not exhibit any intrusive advertisements. For its capabilities and ease, we believe it is well-deserved to be included in this list of the top free Android video editor applications.
- Transitions are synchronised to the beats of background music automatically.
- Quik works with both GoPro and Motion Photos cameras.
- For seamless playing, videos can be saved at 60 frames per second (fps).
- You can store altered videos as draughts and return to them later to finalise them.
For individuals without formal video editing knowledge, Magisto is the best free video editing app for android. It mixes video clips, photographs, music, text, video effects, and video filters to assist you in creating a high-quality film with no effort. Simply choose one or more video clips and a soundtrack, and the programme will generate a video for you in a matter of minutes.
Magisto employs a sophisticated artificial intelligence system that analyses films and selects the most intriguing segments. In video production, it frequently yields good results. This is a nice free option with some in-app purchases if you are new to video editing.
- Auto-editing is a great feature.
- Sharing videos directly on social media is possible.
- Vloggers and marketers can benefit from advanced tools.
The Funimate video editor for android is ideal for quickly creating entertaining videos. It can turn ordinary occurrences into creative videos in a second and allows for automated distribution on a variety of social media platforms. It comes with over a hundred advanced video effects that are specifically built for editing short videos. You may even create short video loops for entertainment.
Before you can use Funimate, you must first join up. It also allows you to gain followers and follow other accounts. Although it is one of the greatest free video editing tools, the advertising that is presented can be irritating.
- There are over 100 advanced video effects to choose from while creating fascinating videos.
- Pre-existing photos on your smartphone can be used to create DIY effects.
- Feature that allows you to collaborate on videos with your pals.
- Funimate has a devoted video community.
Filmigo provides a basic user interface with all of the necessary functions at your fingertips. When you begin editing a video, you have the option of using a template with a pre-adjusted tune or getting right into the editing.
The video editor for Android has a lot of cool features, like combining many tracks into one movie, adding subtitles, and GIFs, and so on. Users can also doodle in their videos.
Users can also add music from the app's enormous collection to their videos using Filmigo Video Maker's distinct music area. Once the film is complete, users can export it to various social media accounts directly from the video maker.
While the app has a variety of editing options, many people find it to be too small for a smartphone, especially for large projects where people need to make changes to specific timestamps. The Android video editor software has been found to freeze on many instances, despite hardware acceleration.
- There are several transitions and free themes to improve your movie.
- Uploading a video of high quality.
13. ALIVE MOVIE MAKER
Another video editing application deserving of inclusion on this list of the best video free video editing apps for Android is Movie Maker. The programme is completely free, and it includes simple video editing tools. It also makes it simple to create 16:9 videos or squared-format videos for Instagram.
The coolest aspect about the app is that it has a whole community of videographers who share their montages on the Android version. Overall, the software is good for recording short movies, however it has a lot of advertisements, which can be annoying.
- Text animation effects and motion track animation effects.
- Music slideshows are available.
- A plethora of stickers, filters, and cinematic effects are available.
ALSO READ: Best Free Video Editing Software for MAC
We hope our list of the best free video editing apps for android in 2023 will help you in getting the video editor app for your Android device. All the ratings mentioned above are in accordance with Google Play Store. You can check the customer reviews for each of these apps on the Play Store.
FAQs about Android Video Editor Apps
What is the Best Video Editing App?
Ans. We would recommend using Kinemaster for editing videos on Android devices. For the iOS devices iMovie or Filmorago will be suitable.
How to use video editor apps?
Ans. To start with you will need to download the video editor app from play store or the app store. Thereafter, launch the application and access the video that you want to edit. You can use all the editing features and functions of the app according to your requirements.