Best Free 3d Animation Apps for Beginners 2023
Won't it be awesome if you could animate on the go? Animation Apps are going to help you do just that. If you are planning to begin 3d animation then there are a number of apps that you can download and use on your android or iOS device. These apps are great for people who are interested in animation but don't have any PC to run the advanced software.
Finding the right animation app can be overwhelming especially when there are so many of them available on the play store and app store. But don't worry, we have done the daunting task and handpicked the 10 best free 3d animation app for beginners. We have segregated the apps for android and iOS users. So, you can easily pick the right one according to your device.
Let's first look at 3D animation apps for Android.
Best 3D Animation Apps For Android
1. Doodle Maker
3. Plotagon Story
4. Toontastic 3D
5. AnimeTok 3D
Doodle maker is a video editing software that allows you to make doodle films in over thirty different languages. This is the first software of its sort. It won't take long to make professional-looking films that suit your demands and preferences.
You can utilize this platform to have your marketing films created in a matter of minutes, and they will be of the highest quality.
- Hundreds of templates to choose from depending on your requirements.
- You'll be able to record your own voice.
- The use of artificial intelligence is encouraged.
- There are over 100 male and female voices.
- Images are stored in a built-in library.
- Put your watermark on it.
- A commercial license is included.
- Updates to the software are available for free.
- Video animations can be made on a chalkboard, a glass board, or a whiteboard.
- It's simple to use.
- Video Translation Engine using Artificial Intelligence
- There is no limit to how much you may use.
- Put your own watermark on it.
- Transitions between styles are built-in.
- Front-end qualities that are restricted, as well as a personal license.
Prisma 3D is an animation maker app with tools for animation, rendering and modeling.
In addition to 3D animation software or apps, there are also options for creating 3d logos and 3d intros, 3D modeling, and virtual reality content. You can also use its multi touch feature for easy 3D navigation.
- You can Create a Cube, Sphere, Plane, Camera or Light.
- Delete, Rename or Copy your objects on this app.
- It lets you Select and Transform multiple Objects.
- An option to alter color with color picker.
- Apply texture and group objects with Prisma 3D.
- There are 50 different 3D files that you can import.
3. Plotagon Story
Plotagon Story is a 3d animation maker app for android where you can create your own actors, stories, and press play. Basically, this app will bring your stories to life. It lets you express yourself through animation.
On Plotagon Story you get to choose loads of different backgrounds, character traits, accessories, and clothes. The developers introduce new and amazing content on a regular basis.
- Let's make your own animation videos.
- You can create yourself, your favorite celebrity, or your best friends to be a part of your movie.
- There is the option of recording your own voice, and adding sound effects with music in this app.
- You can share your finished 3D animated videos directly on YouTube and other social media apps.
4. Toontastic 3D
Toontastic 3D lets you draw your cartoons, animate them, and narrate their stories. All you need to do is move your character around the screen. You can further add your voice and animations which Toontastic will record and save on your device as a 3D animation video.
- This app has swashbuckling pirates, transforming robots, nefarious villains, and many more fun characters that can elevate your image.
- There are 3d drawing tools that help you design your own characters.
- You can add yourself to your 3D animated videos with the help of photos and customized colored characters.
- There are dozens of songs in the app that you mix with your soundtrack.
- Your finished 3D animated videos can be shared by exporting them to your phone library.
5. AnimeTok 3D Animation App
AnimeTok is a 3D animation maker app that can be used for animation by all fans of animation, storyboard artists, game developers, professional animators, and students. Its simple interface and easy workflow let you pose your characters in a 3D space. Beginners can use this app as a plug-and-play tool for animating their 3D characters and developing their animation skills.
- Use unlimited keyframes to create animation clips and edit them.
- You can use the timeline editor to play each animation clip. It can be added automatically in between the frames to ensure the smoothness and speed of playback.
- Features like Forward Kinematics and Inverse Kinematics are available for looping the animations.
- You can select from a large collection of characters.
- The character's skin can also be animated.
- Beginners can start animating on this app immediately as the learning curve is not very steep and the user interface is very simple.
- Every bone transformation and rotations are automatically recorded by the keyframe animation based timeline.
- In your single project you can create multiple animations and characters.
- Your progress is automatically saved.
Best 3D Animation App for iPhone and iPad
1. 3D Design
2. Shade3D mobile
4. Verto Studio 3D
5. XYZmaker 3DKit
6. Sketch 3D
1. 3D Design
3D Design is a handy 3D CAD modeling and augmented-reality visualization tool with intuitive and lifelike interaction. This 3D animation app for iPad and iPhone lets you create and edit 3D models from simple primitive shapes by using freehand techniques or by-the-numbers.
If you purchase its subscription you will be able to load and share designs. 3D Design has been updated to the latest Apple signing certificate.
2. Shade3D mobile
Shade 3D is one of those 3D animation apps for the iPhone that makes use of the iPhone's 360 degree multi-touch gestures so that you can view your 3D models from every side. This app will turn your device into a 3D presentation tool. It includes 5 Shade3D scene models and 5 sample images.
- 3D configurations can be viewed quickly with the help of flick and pinch functions. It further helps in the rapid manipulation of 3D files.
- It is very easy to transfer and manage files with Shade3D mobile.
- Supports Shade scene file format.
Anim8 is a fun and intuitive 3D animation app for iPad and iPhones. It has been used by 3500+ schools globally in order to train kids and adults in 3D Animation since 2015. A simple interface and easy workflow make it one of the best 3D animation apps for beginners.
- Simple to use interface and easy learning curve will help beginners start animating quickly.
- You can create full body animation with ease with the help of advanced articulation in all rigs.
- It lets you sketch out your key poses on the screen using various drawing tools.
- Onion skin features allow you to plan out poses and timing precisely.
- Facebook ,YouTube and Twitter support is included so that you can share and upload your finished animation work.
4. Verto Studio 3D Animation Apps
The software is designed for all ranges of users, from professional 3D modelers, game developers, to beginners looking to get their feet wet in 3D content generation. Use it to build quick 3D mockups or fully functional environments for mobile applications. Verto Studio is an ideal solution for mobile 3D content generation because it bridges the gap between design and mobile testing. It supports importing, exporting, viewing and editing 3D models of any size. Use the built-in shaders or the GLSL shader editor to create your own shader effects with absolute precision.
- Built-in shaders including reflection/refraction environment mapping, BRDF, bump-mapping, and more.
- Render pipeline editor for multiphase and post-processing effects with built-in blending operators.
- Editing transform handles for translate/rotate/scale tools.
- Multiple camera modes (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, free).
- Simultaneous camera view with 4-view split screen.
- Orthographic projection mode for engineering and CAD applications.
- Advanced camera controls for FOV angle and near and far plane manipulation.
- Fully supports the retina display of the new iPad for maximized screen real-estate usage.
5. XYZmaker 3DKit
XYZmaker 3DKit is a 3D modelling and design app developed for beginners new to the 3D world. It is perfect for fun, educational, colorful and artistic model creation and 3D printing all in the same program.
Designed for use in and out of the classroom, creating models is as simple as dragging 3D solids and other pre-designed parts from the menu, you can also use a variety of modeling tools – extrude, revolve, sweep, loft, and freeform to create diversity 3D models. Design your desired 3D models with a wide variety of 3D modeling tools. You can even upload your 2D photos and turn them into 3D embossed models.
- Use the modeling tool to build your dream world and train your spatial concept.
- Offering multiple 3D model packs to diversify your creation.
- You can choose your favorite color on your 3D model and paint on it. Make your design more colorful and distinctive.
- Our in-app and online video tutorials help you learn 3D modeling on the go.
- Support XYZprinting 3D printer to print and monitor printer status.
6. Sketch 3D Animation Apps
Sketch 3D is a tool for designing 3D models from your fingertips. You could download models from others, and could also share your great designs with other users by saving models in Public space.
- Import 3D content directly from browser or email, either in .zip, .rar, .7z.
- Support formats: Collada DAE, OBJ, 3DS, STL(for 3D printing), and others.
- Import/export to iCloud drive, via iTunes File Sharing, or to Public area via Apple CloudKit Service.
- Supports AirDrop.
- Support Quad faces.
- Smooth surfaces using Subdivision.
- Mirroring editing.
We hope the above mentioned list helps you find the right 3D animation app for your device. These 3d animation apps have a simple interface and low learning curve which makes them perfect for beginners. Now it is up to you to get the right app according to the OS of your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which app is best for 3d animation?
Ans. It depends on the type OS of your device. If you have an android device you can AnimeTok or Toontastic 3D animation apps. For iPhone or iPad users 3D Design or Anim8 will be better choice.
How to animate a 3D object?
Ans. If you are a beginner you can use keyframes or built in templates for animating any 3D object.
Where to animate for free?
Ans. The list mentioned above consists of many free 3D animation applications that you can use for animating for free. All you need to do is download the app on your mobile device.