How To Create YouTube Animation for Free in Minutes
This post is all about the top YouTube animation maker that’ll help you to create stunning animations for your channel.
The popularity of YouTube is increasing day by day. After Google, it is the second largest & most popular search engine in the world. In 2022, the number of YouTube viewers are estimated to reach 210 million in the US itself.
Some other important YouTube statistics to know are:
- 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched daily
- It has around 2 million active users per month and more than 30 million users
- As per YouTube Press, over 70 percent of viewers are mobile users
- As of 2019, 500 hours of video content is uploaded on YouTube every single minute
Currently, there are millions of YouTubers and creators on the platform, and the number will continue to increase. Therefore, there will always be people looking for software & tools that they can use to create animated videos for YouTube for free. To be honest, this might be a little intimidating especially for newbies.
The below mentioned tools will suit both beginners and professional creators, and can be selected as per the requirements. Let’s dive right into it!
1. Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
Filmora tops the list of the best editor YouTube animation video maker that runs on Windows and Mac operating systems. This program lets you transform your videos into a work of art using an easy drag and drop interface and powerful editing functionalities.
- Using minimal effort, you can trim, rotate, merge, split, crop and flip videos in a jiffy.
- You can enhance your videos with over 800 stunning effects and filters.
- Other features include texts & titles, overlays and filters, a vast music library as well as a range of different transitions and elements
- Import & export your videos in different formats
- It also offers features like Green Screen, Colour Tuning, Audio Mixer, Pan & Zoom, Screen Recording, Split Screen, Video Stabilization, and a lot more
- Allows you to share your final videos on different social media platforms
- Offers a wide range of effects and filters, transitions, etc
- Runs on both Windows & Mac
- Drag and drop interface
- Some updates are only available on its paid plan
2. Pencil 2D
Pencil 2D is one of the simplest YouTube animation makers that allows you to work on 2D animation projects. With an easy-to-use interface, it’s ideal for amateurs as the tools and commands are quite easy to understand and implement.
Since it is an open-source platform, anyone can make changes to its source code and therefore make improvements. Whether you wish to create a simple video, or the one for YouTube with various layers, Pencil 2D will do the job for you.
- Allows you to add and duplicate multiple frames on different tracks
- Supports raster and vector workflows
- Offers tools such as layers, colours, keyframe, onion skinning, as well as workplace toolbars and panels
- The clean and organized timeline layout allows you to create new frames on layers
- Allows you to switch between raster and vector workflows
- Lightweight & easy-to-use interface
- The latest version offers a user guide consisting of tutorials, FAQs, etc
- The user is required to set their preference whenever they open it
Muvizu is an easy-to-use animation maker for YouTube that allows users to create attractive animations in just a few minutes. The best feature about this program is that it doesn’t require a professional to work on it, however the final video is of professional quality.
- The software is packed with a wide range of objects, two-legged characters, effects and pre-designed animations for animators to use in their stories
- It also offers character textures, custom objects, object textures, dialogue as well as sound effects that can be customized
- You can also control the movement of your characters using the editing options
- It also allows you to apply an audio track on the character
- User-friendly interface
- A wide variety of characters and scenes
- You can create video offline
- Only runs on Windows
- You cannot save your video online
Animaker is a widely used 3D YouTube intro animation maker with a user-friendly interface. The simple drag and drop interface makes it pretty simple to create different types of animated videos for ads, tutorials and manuals.
The cloud-based program is perfect for beginners, semi-professionals as well as expert animators. You can also create stunning Live-Action videos in a matter of a few minutes.
- Offers an extensive selection of templates and animated objects
- Provides a vast library of animated characters, photos, icons, videos and more
- The Character Builder has over 15 facial features to develop different types of characters
- Add voice-overs to your characters and make them speak using auto lip-sync
- You can make whiteboard animations
- You can overlay your videos, subtitle them in a single click
- The business account allows you to create 30-minute long videos
- Drag and drop interface
- You can create 2D cartoons, whiteboards animation software video and infographics
- You can watermark your videos
- The video might lag due to pre-viewing
Wideo is an animation maker for YouTube that allows users to edit, create and share videos online. You can create professional-quality videos even without any video-editing skills or technical knowledge.
Wideo is widely used by some of the biggest brands like Discovery, Sprint, University of Toronto and STAPLES.
You can create a Wideo in just three simple steps:
- Pick a Template
- Enter the project details - Drag and drop graphics
- Share in a single click - You can either export in MP4 or share directly to Facebook or YouTube
The program also offers a variety of tools for adding sound, editing text as well as the links in your video.
- Best for promotional videos
- Simple interface
- Provides a wide range of templates for creating marketing videos, presentations, etc
- Not suitable for professional-quality video editing
Last but not least, Moovly is another easy-to-use cloud-based YouTube animation maker to create different types of videos. The best part is that the program is customizable, and can be easily integrated with your multimedia and the servers.
Moovly allows you to create videos in different styles like doodle, motion-graphics, footage-based videos, cartoons, etc. you can either start from scratch or choose a template from its selection of professionally-designed video templates and modify it as per your requirements.
- Cloud-based software with drag-and-drop interface
- There are built-in media libraries or you can upload your own images, photos, sound, illustration, or voice recordings
- Offers an extensive library of around 1.3 million images, videos, photos, sound tracks, and more
- 100 million royalty-free stock images and videos
- Offers a wide range of transition effects and animation effects such as fade, zoom, rotate, wipe, fly, move, etc
- Allows you to convert text to voice-over
- Screen-recording and you can add subtitles to your videos
- You can share your finished videos to various channels like Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, etc
- User-friendly interface
- Download videos in full HD
- You can share your Moovly projects with others
- Doesn’t offer colourful scenes or characters
Now that you’ve learned about the top 6 YouTube animation creators, you can pick one as per your needs. As it’s hard to find a tool that’ll meet all your needs, you can still do a lot with these options. With features, pros & cons, you can easily compare each one, and determine which one will work best for you.