A Few Tips to Choose an Eye-Catching Book Cover
Being an author, only you understand the time and efforts it took for you to create such an incredible book. But it is not enough. The book design company, the publisher and you as an author all play important roles to make your book a success. A perfect book design is essential but it is much more important to design a book cover or an ebook cover design. After all, it is the first thing that your readers notice. Right?
A perfect book design is not something very flashy or very simple but the one which catches anyone’s attention, which gives a message and compel any reader to just pick it up and at least have a look. Rest is up to you.
How to choose a good one?
Be it a print book or an ebook cover design, it requires attention and a lot of thinking as what will attract readers. Here are a few tips which will be helpful to you-
- What’s inside? - The book cover should be a reflection of what’s inside the book. It should not be just another cover. It should make a sense as what a reader will find inside. It is advised to hire a book cover design agency to consult you on this.
- Have a unique concept- A great number of books enter the market every day. Most of them are great books but, they are not recognized. The reason is that the reader does not feel like reading them looking at their cover. A unique concept for book cover is thus essential which you can get in the complete package of book cover design services.
- Keep audience in the mind- Who is your target audience? Teenage boys or girls, women, men, adults, students, etc. You need to keep them in mind and what they would like to see on the cover and what they would interpret from it. The designers from a book cover design companies knows it exactly what you need.
- A clean look- Pictures, large fonts and several other things make an appearance on the book cover. Choose a few elements which you would like to highlight. Say, if the picture says it all, it is better to get the larger portion to the picture and a rather smaller place for title. If, the title is catchy it can be reversed. The book cover design agency has the designers who will help you to decide the best elements for your book cover.
- Simple and minimalist- Some people like flashy book cover designs and some want something simpler and minimalist. What do you want? When readers pick a book, they don’t like it messy. Too much on the cover may avert your readers from picking the book. Especially in case of ebooks, where there are hundreds of books available, your ebook cover design should not look like a mess. Unnecessary clutter can have a negative effect on the readers.
- Try different things- The book design companies have designers who are working on the books and ebook cover designs all the day. They have a fair idea of what can be best. Answer their questions and see what they have got. You may not like what they suggest but the outcome can be entirely shocking sometimes, giving you exactly what you had imagines. So, be open-minded and try some different things on your book cover.
- A key message- A key message is a must on your book cover. When a reader picks the book, he cannot figure out its content entirely but an effective message can give them an idea as what will they find in the book. The book design services can offer you a great help after understanding what you want to convey to your audience.
- Ask your audience- Social media is a great place to interact with your readers. You can ask them about the book design or what they generally like or dislike in a book design and its cover. If this is your first book, then you can take some general inputs from the internet as what people like.
- A perfect designer- Your first book can establish you as a writer if it is well-designed and published under a good name. Among so many book design companies, choose one who understands your thoughts and ideas and can convert them into an eye-catching book cover. Do not choose the first book design agency you meet. Have a look at a few portfolios and carefully choose one.
- Detailing- The small details like the font size, font type, font color, book cover color, etc are the small things which play important roles in making a book cover look effective and establish a connection with the users.
A book is not a book due to its content only. Of course, it is the most important but what brings it to the reader’s attention is the way it is designed, the way it looks and the message its cover conveys. A well-thought-out and carefully designed book and its cover goes a long way in writing its success. There are several book designing companies which offer different book cover designing services. Whether it’s a print book or an ebook, the overall design should indicate in itself that due care has been taken to make it a perfect paperback.