7 Effective Tips to Boost Your Video’s SEO on Youtube
As a marketer, it’s important to understand how to get your videos to rank higher on YouTube. In every type of SEO, there are some similarities that you cannot have a conversation without talking about them, such as the importance of keywords. Without relying on YouTube’s search engine, there are lots of ways to get your videos in front of people. Using videos as a part of your overall plan of marketing should no longer be an afterthought while working on your rankings of search engines.
Quality video content is the way to go if you want to drive more traffic to your website for the promotion of your brand and services. After Google, YouTube is now the second largest search engine where more than 3 billion hours are watched among which over 1 billion visitors are unique.
In this article, you will get to know about 7 effective tips to boost your video’s SEO on YouTube.
- Do research for YouTube keyword: It is important to do keywords research on the topic you want to make the video. Keyword research helps you in making sure that your content is optimized along with this; that it ensures the content created by you is on a topic or niche in which people are interested. It can be done in many ways, such as looking at the keywords using by your competitors; check what people are searching for on YouTube and many others.
- Know your audience: Understanding what your audience is looking for is another important part that helps in boosting your video. You can also do market research by following some tips such as face to face interviews or interview with the help of the Facebook page of your brand; conduct online surveys; and to gather more information about your audience, use Google search engine.
- Optimize the title of your video: Make sure to optimize your video title because firstly, people notice the title of your video. This means that your ranking will suffer over time if you should not trick your audience into watching a video that is completely unique from the title of the video. Video titles must contain at least 5 words having the keyword for which you have researched.
- Optimize the description of your video: After optimizing the title of your video, you need to optimize the description of your video by describing the information of your topic in a clear manner. In order to get an overview of your video content, people rely on the description of your video. Along with this, search engines like YouTube and Google will also index the description. In the upper part of your description, place a link of your site that helps your site in getting rank with the addition of driving more traffic.
- Create an eye-catching thumbnail: Eye-catching thumbnail is another way to increase your clicks and rankings. This is the other element that is noticed by your viewers as it gives people a glimpse or snapshot of your video. The thumbnail you are using must represent your video. After you have uploaded your video, YouTube provides 3 thumbnails to choose for your video automatically. You will also be able to upload a custom image if you have a verified account of YouTube along with a good record.
Uploading a custom thumbnail helps you in gaining more clicks by giving you a better chance of featuring a snapshot that entices people. If you want to create a custom thumbnail, then you must follow a few steps that are mentioned below:
- From your YouTube video, choose a perfectly still and aside from your title add a text that people can read easily. Adding the text helps people to know the topic of your video.
- For adding text, you can use a great photo editing application such as Pic Monkey.
- As soon as you are able to upload a custom thumbnail for your past videos, then go ahead.
- Add appropriate tags to your video: Basically, tags are the keywords that you add to your video after it gets uploaded. Tagging your videos allows it to become more visible in the search results when people enter keywords in a search engine to look for the content of your video. It must be specific and relevant to your content as it also helps you to get a better rank of your website. Choose a maximum of 5 to 8 targeted keywords or tags explaining the theme of your video. First of all, add your primary keyword then add your secondary keywords, one or two long-tail keywords and various others.
- Promote and get more views for your videos: After following all the tips given above, your video will become perfect. Hence, it’s time for your video to get more views because having more views helps in improving the ranking of your videos as well as the website. There are various ways by which you can get more views on your videos.
- A smarter way to add more value to your content is the incorporation of your videos in your blog post.
- Reach out to your friends, social media fans and existing customers and tell them to share it as it is the practical way to promote the content of your videos.
- Answer some questions on a question and answer websites like Quora and while answering link your video content in this because it helps in driving more traffic towards your video. Make sure that your video should be highly relevant to the question you are answering.
- In the description of your video, include a call to action asking people to like it and share it with their contacts and all social media platforms.
- If the email services do not allow you to embed videos, then place the thumbnail of your video in your message and attach a link to your YouTube video and send the emails to your subscribers.
By following these guidelines, one can easily get a better ranking of their videos and make them popular on YouTube.